The Mission this year:
Organise citywide outreach involving other churches in the area, set up discipleship groups, and plant a church with the converted.
The cost of the trip per person:
For all expenses, including tickets, lodging, food, and transportation, resources for outreach, the price is 5000 USD per person.
Trip details are in the section below. Thailand is a country in need of missionaries who are willing to leave their comfort zone, and share the gospel with them. The folks here are super eager to invite you into their homes, and they will probably feed you while you share the gospel through your interpruter, either me or my wife. So please consider this as an opportunity to make a difference here in this place.
The plan for NST Outreach 2020
There will be a variety of activities, which we will divide into a few sections,
1. Scouting, we will start the trip with the fun part, visiting different areas of the south of thailand, to learn, and meet christians in different areas.
2. Tent-making, where our team will help to support the bakery, and english school which will support the mission long term
3. Evangelism, where the team will organise and share the gospel with thai gospel materials, and interpruters in public places.
4. Discipleship, where those who are interested are put in a class and taught the basics.
5. Church planting, where those who believe in the discipleship group are baptised and included in the body of Christ.
Outreach is the most difficult and the most simple part of the work. We will be met with super interested, and super uninterested people, of buddhist and islamic backgrounds, we must do our best the share with them, and love them.
The blessing that a team can bring me, is fresh energy, hope, because i have been doing this a long time and i can get frustrated. So part of the teams goal is to support me, and encourage me and my wife to boldly proclaim the gospel.
Those who are interested will be taught through the gospels, and the word of God will produce faith in time.
Preparing for the long term is extremely important. If we do not prepare properly then the work which we achomplish will be in vain.
Continual support and followup is needed by all members of this missions trip.
Long term missionaries are also needed. I fully expect to have a few folks of this team stay behind for the long term, or to return again. Keep this in mind, as you share with your church about this opportunity.